Here’s what to do with this progress? Stabilizing additives, filtration, technological standards … Is this really how real wine should be? Adepts of the philosophy of natural wines believe that this gift of nature should not be improved and with the help of modern technologies. True wine is virgin, like the bosom of nature, on which the foot of civilization has not set. Its taste is natural, juicy, bright and not retouched by any additives.
Natural wine is the music of nature, and the winemaker is a talented conductor who helps to reveal this melody of taste
Natural winemaking is not a legal concept. It is not synonymous with organic or biodynamic viticulture, although the principles are very similar. But natural wine is more than that. This is a philosophy, worldview, way of life …
We have great respect for the producers of natural wines, maintain close contacts with them and deliver excellent samples of these products to Latvia.
By opening a bottle of natural wine purchased from Noble Wine, you can be sure:
- The grapes that gave the juice for this wine were harvested by hand.
- Only natural yeast, which is present in the grapes itself, participated in the fermentation – and no “gifts from laboratories”.
- The wonderful moisture that is now poured from the bottle into your glass does not contain enzymes and other additives used by most modern winemakers.
- In the production of this wine, sulphites were not used or, in extreme cases, very few of them (no more than 30-50 ml per litre). Many people think that giving up sulphites is impossible – the wine will not be stored for a long time and will lose stability, but this is not the case.
- Wine was created in the same way as before, when winemakers had not yet reached progress: without filtration, clarification and other technical manipulations.
- Most likely, the wine was aged in an old barrel, the wood of which no longer interacts with the drink and does not add tannins and aromatic substances to it.